Purpose and culture
We are a team of passionate consultants who want to revolutionize the retail industry with unique, innovative and creative business solutions. We aim to collaborate with our clients to simplify the complex and offer leading edge, sustainable solutions. We were proud to be awarded ‘Highly Commended’ in the Best New Consultancy category at the MCA Awards 2019.
As an employer, we recognize that our USP is our employees; they are our culture and the heartbeat. We work hard to create an environment in which employees are engaged, empowered, and inspired. We do this through bespoke training plans, regular one to one coaching, thoughtful rewards and recognition, offering interesting work, team events and giving employees the confidence to share their opinions.
We hire exceptionally talented individuals who aren’t afraid of challenging work, and who exhibit our fundamental values of respect, empathy, and support. Giving back is also important to us. We achieve this through pro bono consulting work, and we support our employee’s individual sponsorship efforts as well as take part in Company charity activities.
Encouraging our employees to grow and thrive professionally and personally is very important to us. If we sound like a company you’d like to work for, we’d love to hear from you!
JOB TITLE: Data Analyst/Scientist
TPC supports its retail clients through expert knowledge, deep data analysis and pragmatic data science techniques to provide solutions to business challenges and opportunities. An important part of the TPC approach is to leverage data science and quantitative techniques to ensure our solutions are robust and underpinned by data. Examples of this include:
- Develop operationally focused statistical models that can be deployed in simple solutions or handed to client in-house teams. Using statistical applications such as R or Python to assist in model builds, and leveraging different statistical approaches including Regression, Random Forest models and Optimisation etc.
- Build intelligent Excel applications using VBA and SQL to support business end users address operational challenges embedding data and data science to ensure robust outcomes.
- Develop data-based insights, hypothesise and recommendations using large scale client data – taking initiative to data mine/test and bring operationally relevant insights to a project approach.
- Creating testable analytical hypotheses that have a ‘line of sight’ to the overall business question. Collecting and validating data slices to test these hypotheses.
- Using your own initiative to challenge/interpret outcomes along with possible alternative explanations and relevant re-tests or new-tests.
- Have the inter-personal skills and awareness to present and defend approaches and outcomes, with the humility that not everyone is right all the time.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Analytical thinker with a passion for analytics & problem solving
- Experience in Statistics and Quantitative methods
- Experience in Statistical model building including regression techniques and some awareness of advanced ML or AI based techniques
- Experience in data mining and generating data led insights, conclusions and recommendation
- Eye for both the day-to-day detail as well as solving holistic business questions
- Ability to manage and analyse both Excel sized and larger data sets
- Strong Excel with VBA skills
- Good SQL for data extraction & mining
- Practical problem-solving mentality founded on theory
- Excellent logic skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Open minded and resourceful in finding solutions to practical problems that don’t fit easily into theoretical constructs.
Use of a stats package such as R, Python, Hadoop, SAS, Mathematica or SPSS with large databases &/or use of C++/C#
Understanding and experience of statistical techniques such as:
– Forecasting and demand model creation
– Multi-variate regression analysis
– Non-parametric testing
– Random Forest modelling
– Experimental & survey design
SQL/Database setup and management
Exposure / experience of operational use of Machine Learning techniques
Experience with retail data, processes and quantitative modelling challenges
Essential for all candidates:
- You will need high levels of personal motivation, presence and energy and a strong ability to communicate at all levels.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions in a way in which they are quickly understood.
- Ideally a strong academic background with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent from a top university.
- A grounded, but highly personable individual.
- Self-Starter approach and hungry to learn.
- Happy to work in small accountable teams or individually, therefore able to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- An ability to listen effectively.
- Positive, energetic and not afraid of hard work.
- An individual with integrity and maturity with a flexible and adaptable style.
- A genuine interest in retail.
JOB TITLE: Developer/Programmer
We are a young dynamic retail consultancy with a rapidly growing list of tier one and two clients. There is a wide mix of project types that we undertake including general consulting, specialist software implementation support, and an expanding list of business support ‘tooling’ which helps clients transition from basic processes to more advanced processes and software when ready.
Our team has historically been very business focused with an emphasis on strong retail experience, however this has evolved with a wide variety of skills. The tooling has been designed and built with a strong business thought but without the experience in programming/Excel development. The time has come for a greater focus on the development of these tools and we require somebody with the right expertise and drive to take this to the next step.
· The Developer would be responsible for maintaining and developing a number of Excel based SMART tooling with either flat file or database integration using a mix of excel formulas, VBA coding, Access and SQL
· The SMART tooling is evolving rapidly and with each new client that uses them and each new project we are looking to advance the tooling to the next level
· The role will need to be able to support different service models and work at pace to fix issues when they arise both remotely and in person where required.
· Testing will be required on both developments and maintenance activities and the ability to identify where one error could be affecting other tools would be preferable.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
· Candidates must be able to quickly decipher and understand the design and structure of the current tools and be able to comprehend why it was designed as is to be able to make and receive recommendations for improvements
· Understand, design and agree amendments to tooling to improve programming understanding
· Maintain tools and tooling documentation
· Take responsibility for the success of the tooling models
· The candidate would be responsible for maintaining the effective running of all TPC tooling to ensure compliance to client/internal service levels
· Respond directly or via client team to issues with tooling to the point of resolution
· Regular testing of tooling to ensure pro-active issue resolution
· Identification of potential cross tooling coding issues
· Maintain maintenance and support logs, including time allocation for budgets/billing
· Work with Technical Consultant and other internal stakeholders to develop and maintain the support structure of SMART tooling
· Maintain technical documentation to ensure clear line of sight to changes and advancements
· Working closely with Quantitative and Business consultants to understand the business requirements, develop the business and mathematical answer to these requirements and code that solution in to a useable format
· Create design specifications in to robust, transparent and well documented code in VBA/SQL/C# etc.
· Identify opportunities to make improvement in the current tooling for sign off
· Build well-structured and annotated code to meet development requirements
· Produce supporting documentation for both users and technical experts to be able to follow
Ad Hoc Report Support
· At times there may be requirements to support business consultants to construct ad hoc reports/templates where the developer skill set would be of benefit
The below are additional skills that would be looked on favourably but are not requirements for a successful candidate:
· C# or other Object-oriented programming
· Experience in database warehousing design: star-schemes, fact and dimensions
· Experience with cloud technologies and general networking (ideally Azure and/or AWS): relational databases, Computing instances, VPN, IP routing, firewalling & NAT, Storage units, local and geo-distributed redundancy, horizontal scaling
· Knowledge of network security: SSH, SSL/TLS, asymmetric RSA certificates, digital signing, OpenSSL, hash algorithms
· Object programming (Java, Objective-C, C++)
· Software development best practices
· UI/UX design
· BI technologies (Tableau, Qlik, SSRS/SSAS)
· Bilingual in another language
JOB TITLE: 3D Consultant
REPORTING TO: 3D Manager
LOCATION: East Coast USA
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Work with state of the art 3D digital design tools (including: modeling, simulation, 3D printing, textile, rendering, animation and imaging tools) applying them across the product creation process.
- Work with various internal, external resources to continually evaluate and test new methods and techniques.
- Prototype Creation – Provide information and data necessary to develop product prototypes
- Closely collaborate with counterparts and product creation teams to establish tool and process application consistency within and across product disciplines.
- Create and present assets that effectively communicate digital creation tools and processes to a variety of audiences.
- Act as a digital tool and process mentor for product teams.
- Provide technical expertise and tactical support
- Designer/Technical Design Support –Actively provide digital design support for design staff as required to execute seasonal deliverables.
- Set team and individual goals that align with departmental/functional goals. Provide digital learning opportunities for product teams.
- Assist teams in operationalizing their digital processes – libraries, digital standards, rendering processes, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of product development, manufacturing, and commercialization processes.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in 3D modeling and skills such as simulation, 3D printing, textiles, rendering, animation and image editing.
- Senior level skill using digital design applications (e.g. Browzwear, Opitiex, Maya, Rhino, Modo, Mudbox, ZBrush, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Has implemented 3D tool(s) in an apparel/fashion brand or retailer.
- Clear understanding of product development processes and experienced in manufacturing processes.
JOB TITLE: Consultant
REPORTING TO: Senior Consultant
REPORTEES: Junior Consultant
LOCATION: Throughout UK
Background to Role
With the development and growth of the company TPC require a full time Consultant to join its fantastic team. It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join at the early days of the company to develop both themselves and the business.
Working with high street retailers and international brands you will assist TPC’s retail clients in the areas of design and product development, buying and merchandising and supply chain management. Using your industry and consulting background with TPC’s proven methodologies, you will help clients to achieve agreed goals. You will be providing practical solutions for clients that have measurable and lasting results. You will support the lead Co-Founder or lead expert in delivering the objectives.
The projects you will support could be short or long term, UK or international, the clients vary in scale but are likely to be blue chip businesses expecting the top class results delivery for which TPC Co-Founders have established. The projects will be demanding, challenging and exciting: they certainly won’t be predictable. You’ll be expected to manage, support and maintain internal and client contacts, and to understand and support the scoping out of client challenges and potential solutions to both sell & deliver.
You’ll provide intellectual and consulting expertise support by generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks to help the team to solve problems and drive out insightful fact-based findings and recommendations – either on a client project, as part of a sales bid or thought leadership.
You’ll be a part of a client team as well as part of the TPC team generating ideas and supporting delivery in driving forward the businesses, and you will be expected to be pioneering and innovative in everything you do from delivering reports, engaging with the client and working in teams.
TPC Consulting are generating new thoughts and methodologies to help clients navigate their companies to success in the complex world. You will contribute intellectually to these developments.
Skills and Experience
· You will need high levels of personal motivation, presence and energy and a strong ability to communicate at all levels.
· Consulting experience with ideally retail experience either from consultancy clients or gained as part of a blue chip retail business for. Ideally with experience of more than one company.
· Ideally with up to two/three years consulting experience either in an internal company role or with an established consulting company. If in consulting, your clients should have been in retail or consumer products sectors.
· Familiar with the challenges of merchandising, PLM, supply management and/or business change in a multi-channel business from either being in a line role or a consultant.
· Some experience at working with a major software implementation is necessary, be that on the receiving end in retail, or being part on an internal project team or as an external consultant.
· You will ideally have some experience of managing projects in a retail or consultancy environment and taking a leading role. There are opportunities for Project Managers to develop.
· Demonstrable ability to both understand issues, causes and to proactively seek solutions from small scale presentation issues to business change thinking.
· Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions in a way in which they are quickly understood
· If currently in retail, you may be seeking a role in consultancy for the variety and challenge it brings, and you will have needed to have built a successful retail career within the key functions of merchandising, supply or IT and will have experience of managing a team.
· Ideally you have a strong academic background with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent from a top university.
· You must have strong analytical skills and be highly confident in tools such as Excel and PowerPoint.
· A grounded, but highly personable individual.
· Personality, presence and gravitas.
· Driven by success.
· An ability to listen effectively.
· Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.
· The ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
· An individual with integrity and maturity with a flexible and adaptable style.
· A genuine interest in retail and/or consultancy would help!
JOB TITLE: Junior Sales Representative
REPORTING TO: US Sales Manager
LOCATION: East Coast North America (preferred)
Background to role
With the development and growth of TPC US we now require a full-time junior sales representative to join the fantastic team! It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join in the early days of the company to develop both themselves and the business.
In this role, you will offer considered and appropriate solutions for prospective and existing clients in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability. We’re looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage with new customer prospects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Grow the US client base and develop and sustain a strong pipeline of new business by identifying new opportunities with potential clients through research, intelligence gathering, field-based activity and following up with new customer leads directly and via referrals
- Preparing presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Produce monthly forecasts and clearly communicate progress to managers against targets and key actions, adopting a ‘no-surprises’ approach
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Work closely with the marketing team to initiate and participate in marketing campaigns to promote TPC’s service offering
- Analyze the market’s potential, track sales, and create status reports
- Maintain a sales database of contacts, targets, opportunities and actions
- Forecast and manage yearly revenue and budget
- Develop and maintain product knowledge relating to TPC services
- Perform sales presentations
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development or sales and marketing role
- Good experience and/or knowledge of the fashion industry
- Awareness of the key skills required to be a strong negotiator
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, work under pressure and manage your own time to meet key deadlines while staying organized
- Ability to create and deliver engaging and relevant presentations tailored to the audience
- Experience in managing and nurturing client relationships
- Experience in the 3D digital industry is preferred
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Exceptional active listening and communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to relate to individuals at all levels
- Thrives off building new client relationships
- Exceptional emotional intelligence
- A grounded, but highly personable individual
- Target driven
- Positive and infectious energy
- High levels of personal motivation and driven by success
- Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work
- The ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Integrity and maturity
- Flexible and adaptable working style
- A genuine interest in retail and/or consultancy
- Humility and being open to feedback
- Willingness and flexibility to travel