Consultant - UK
Consultant - UKPosition overview
JOB TITLE: Consultant
REPORTING TO: Senior Consultant
REPORTEES: Junior Consultant
LOCATION: Throughout UK
Background to Role
With the development and growth of the company TPC require a full time Consultant to join its fantastic team. It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join at the early days of the company to develop both themselves and the business.
Working with high street retailers and international brands you will assist TPC’s retail clients in the areas of design and product development, buying and merchandising and supply chain management. Using your industry and consulting background with TPC’s proven methodologies, you will help clients to achieve agreed goals. You will be providing practical solutions for clients that have measurable and lasting results. You will support the lead Co-Founder or lead expert in delivering the objectives.
The projects you will support could be short or long term, UK or international, the clients vary in scale but are likely to be blue chip businesses expecting the top class results delivery for which TPC Co-Founders have established. The projects will be demanding, challenging and exciting: they certainly won’t be predictable. You’ll be expected to manage, support and maintain internal and client contacts, and to understand and support the scoping out of client challenges and potential solutions to both sell & deliver.
You’ll provide intellectual and consulting expertise support by generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks to help the team to solve problems and drive out insightful fact-based findings and recommendations – either on a client project, as part of a sales bid or thought leadership.
You’ll be a part of a client team as well as part of the TPC team generating ideas and supporting delivery in driving forward the businesses, and you will be expected to be pioneering and innovative in everything you do from delivering reports, engaging with the client and working in teams.
TPC Consulting are generating new thoughts and methodologies to help clients navigate their companies to success in the complex world. You will contribute intellectually to these developments.
Skills and Experience
- You will need high levels of personal motivation, presence and energy and a strong ability to communicate at all levels.
- Consulting experience with ideally retail experience either from consultancy clients or gained as part of a blue chip retail business for. Ideally with experience of more than one company.
- Ideally with up to two/three years consulting experience either in an internal company role or with an established consulting company. If in consulting, your clients should have been in retail or consumer products sectors.
- Familiar with the challenges of merchandising, PLM, supply management and/or business change in a multi-channel business from either being in a line role or a consultant.
- Some experience at working with a major software implementation is necessary, be that on the receiving end in retail, or being part on an internal project team or as an external consultant.
- You will ideally have some experience of managing projects in a retail or consultancy environment and taking a leading role. There are opportunities for Project Managers to develop.
- Demonstrable ability to both understand issues, causes and to proactively seek solutions from small scale presentation issues to business change thinking.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions in a way in which they are quickly understood
- If currently in retail, you may be seeking a role in consultancy for the variety and challenge it brings, and you will have needed to have built a successful retail career within the key functions of merchandising, supply or IT and will have experience of managing a team.
- Ideally you have a strong academic background with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent from a top university.
- You must have strong analytical skills and be highly confident in tools such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- A grounded, but highly personable individual.
- Personality, presence and gravitas.
- Driven by success.
- An ability to listen effectively.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.
- The ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- An individual with integrity and maturity with a flexible and adaptable style.
- A genuine interest in retail and/or consultancy would help!